Eldorado at Santa Fe compared to New Mexico state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher significantly above state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,799 people, 2,438 households, and 1,689 families residing in the CDP. There were 2,438 households out of which 31.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.3% were married couples living together, 6.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.7% were non-families. 21.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.38 and the average family size was 2.81.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 23.6% under the age of 18, 2.3% from 18 to 24, 26.2% from 25 to 44, 39.0% from 45 to 64, and 8.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 92.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.5 males.The median income for a household in the CDP was $70,051, and the median income for a family was $76,930. Males had a median income of $50,588 versus $34,430 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $33,107. About 1.2% of families and 2.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.9% of those under age 18 and none of those aged 65 or over.
Industries providing employment: educational, health and social services (25.5%), professional, scientific, management, administrative and waste management services (14.1%), public administration (12.6%), retail trade (10.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,433 (-42.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 600 (18.6%)
Hospitals/medical centers near Eldorado at Santa Fe:
- St Vincent Hospital (About 16 Miles; Santa Fe, NM)
- Phs Indian Hospital (About 16 Miles; Santa Fe, NM)
- Espanola Hospital (About 34 Miles; Espanola, NM)